The Apple Watch is the best option for working out, playing sports, swimming, diving, etc. All these things can add water to your Apple Watch.
The good news is that most Apple Watches come with IP6X or IPX7 ratings. It means that your watch can handle water up to 40 meters.
Did you know, that the Apple Watch can eject water by itself if it has water inside it? In this article, you will learn how to get water out of the Apple Watch.
How to get water out of Apple Watch – Summary
- How to turn on the water lock on the Apple Watch
- How to get water out of the Apple Watch – A step-by-step guide
- How To turn Off water lock on your Apple Watch
1. How to turn on the water lock on the Apple Watch
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to turn on the water lock on the Apple Watch
- Hold the display of your Apple Watch until the control center opens. You can also swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open up the control center.
- Scroll down on the control center and select the water lock option.
The water lock will avoid unintended touches when your Apple Watch has water on it.
2. How to get the water out of the Apple Watch – A step-by-step guide
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get the water out of the Apple Watch
Note: You must water lock your Apple Watch to remove the water from your watch.
- Press and hold the crown button on your Apple Watch when it’s water locked.
- Your Apple Watch will use sounds from the speaker to eject the water from the screen and speakers .
3. How to turn off Water Lock on your Apple Watch
Water Lock can be on if your Apple Watch isn’t responding to screen taps. Once the blue water drop has completely filled the gray circle on the Digital Crown, it is off.
Related Reads :
We hope that this article has helped you with getting the water out of your Apple Watch. To sum up, getting the water out of your Apple Watch is easy. You just have to water-lock it first. After you unlock your Apple Watch, it automatically ejects the water by using sounds.
You can use this guide to get water out of any Apple Watch. Refer to the 1st and 2nd sections of this article.
The water drop icon on the Apple Watch is the water lock button. It is used to avoid unwanted touches when your Apple Watch is in contact with water.
Apple Watch Series 2 and later can be used for swimming and other minor water activities.
Use a gentle cloth to dry the watch. The watch may require up to 24 hours to dry out completely.