You may sometimes find yourself in a fix if you tried to restart your iPhone but the power or home button stopped responding. Even after multiple attempts, your iPhone just wouldn’t restart. There could be scenarios where the power button is stuck, jammed or encountered a hardware malfunction. Situations like these can often be panicking and frustrating for most of us but with the help of this article, we will acquaint you with some easy yet handy tips and tricks to restart iPhone without power button.
How to Restart iPhone Without Power Button?
Now let us discuss some of the easy ways to restart your iPhone.
1. Using AssistiveTouch
AssistiveTouch is one of the nifty tools built right into the software. It’s a comprehensive accessibility feature that lets you gain maximum control of your iPhone. From activating Siri to capturing a screenshot, AssistiveTouch is capable of catering to various other needs like adjusting the volume levels and even restarting your phone. Below mentioned is a visual representation for enabling this feature
Settings > Accessibility > Touch, select AssistiveTouch and enable it.
It works the same way as the physical power button, the only difference is that is has a virtual presence. Once this option is enabled, do the following:
- Go back to the home page and tap the spherical AssistiveTouch button.
- Once done, your iPhone will display various options on the homescreen.
- Hold the LockScreen button for a couple of seconds until you see the slide to power off option blinking on the screen.
- Slide the power icon to the right and your iPhone would turn off in a couple of seconds.
Now, to restart your iPhone, plug it right into the power source and within a few minutes, your phone would restart and restore to its original state. This was one of the ways to restart iPhone without power button.
2. Reset the Network Settings
Another easy method to restart your iPhone is by resetting your phone’s network settings. However, this method may not appeal to some users as it eliminates any previously saved Wi-Fi or Bluetooth configurations. However, should you find it less troublesome to initiate, it can prove to be a handy and quick technique. In order to use this method, follow this series of steps below:
- Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings
- You will now see a prompt to enter your device password
- After you have input the password tap Reset Network Settings option
Upon execution of the steps mentioned above, your phone will reset and restore the default network settings and will automatically restart.
3. Enabling Bold Text
This method may come as a surprise for most iOS users but having been tried and tested, it works seamlessly and could prove to be of great help. Enabling bold texts on your iPhone makes it easier to read messages or browse content on the web, it also serves as a customization option if you are willing to make some changes to your phone’s appearance. Follows is a guide on how to enable this option.
- Settings >> General >> Accessibility >> Tap to toggle on the Bold Text option
- Once done, you will receive a prompt stating applying this setting will restart your iPhone
- In order to proceed further, tap the Continue option and your phone would automatically go into the restart mode.
All the methods and steps mentioned above were perhaps some of the easiest to implement for restarting your iPhone. Nevertheless, in some cases, you might find your iPhone non-functional or unable to use. During such circumstances, it would be futile to try using any of these methods. That is where this final technique serves as a remedy to the entire problem:
4. Draining The Battery:
Yes, you heard it right, draining the battery! At some point you might find your iPhone stuck or jammed, perhaps even frozen. This could make you wonder how to restore your iPhone’s working efficiency and perform a restart. This is exactly where this technique would come to your rescue. However, its only drawback is that it could turn out to be a time-consuming process and might as well test your patience. But, with the help of some nifty tactics that we have mentioned below, you can pace up the battery draining process within no time:
- Turn your phone’s brightness to the maximum
- Enable the flashlight and leave it on idle
- Open multiple tabs in the browser and let some graphic-intensive apps run in the background
- Take your phone volume all the way up and let the music play for a while
Eventually, your phone’s battery would drain and it would shut down. To get it back up and running again, plug in a lightning connector, or simply put your iPhone to charge. Once the charging percentage has achieved a minimum threshold, your iPhone would restart automatically.
All these methods of restarting the iPhone in the absence of a non-functional power button are tried and tested. They neither impact your phone’s hardware nor its software. Nonetheless, if you were to welcome my opinion, I would say the easiest method is to enable to AssistiveTouch option.
It not only helps you to restart your iPhone but it also packs in a host of features that you can put to good use and maximize the performance of your phone. Also, you can place it anywhere on the screen by just dragging the icon with your finger.
So, which of the following methods did you try at first? Leave a reply below.