Another pretty famous application created by Apple is FaceTime. The thing that made it so famous is because of its usability and feasibility. As of FaceTime, it is available in all the Apple devices including iPad and Mac. The particular video calling application was designed and developed by Apple for their product users. FaceTime lets Apple users contact each other with ease and doesn’t even consist of any carrier charges. Rather utilizes internet and WiFi services to make calls. Although if you are a Windows user, well you’re out of luck since you really can’t use the application. Yes, Facetime for Windows was never released by Apple.
Since Apple completely restricts that, although it doesn’t mean that there is no way you can not use the application at all. In this article, we will be explaining the methods by using which you can have access to Facetime using your Windows PC. Just follow up on the article and you’re good to go. There might be n number of reasons for one to use FaceTime, some might want to use it just to have a conversation with their friends who owns an Apple product, or you simply might not own a Mac but you want to experience FaceTime on a big screen
So, Let’s get started.
This facetime isn’t tied in with getting quality time before your chief; this FaceTime is a video talk application created by Apple. Apple created it on an open standard, which implies that in fact, FaceTime could be utilized over a scope of stages, and different makers can use FaceTime’s convention. Be that as it may, in all actuality, FaceTime stays accessible just to clients of Apple items. In particular, you can utilize FaceTime from your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac PC, and you’ll contact somebody on one of these gadgets too. But keep in mind that, as of Facetime, it is the application strictly created keeping Apple users in mind.
As of the latest version of FaceTime, Apple introduced FaceTime capacity for up to 32 participants at a single time. Hence another reason why it considered a great video calling application. hence making FaceTime App the most inherent app and a heart winner of its users. As it was made clear in the above context it is a communication-based application and is used widely in place of different video calling applications, again mainly because of its feasibility and usability. Also, the FaceTime App was based on the iOS platform and meant to be used by all iPhone and iPad users.
FaceTime For PC
As explained above there isn’t any FaceTime App available for Windows, but there is one way you can utilize it. It is using a Bluestacks emulator. Although you might want to keep in mind that this method is not at all recommended since it makes your PC vulnerable to threats and malware. Although if you still wish to use it, simply go ahead and follow the article.
But before getting into the installation of Bluestacks just follow up with comparing your PC’s spec with the required specs. Therefore, the requirements are as follows:
- Your PC must support any of these Windows; Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- As for the CPU speed, it must be over 1GHz.
- The RAM size can be 2GB or above.
- Your device must support the Webcam device. Usually, laptops have inbuilt webcams so this will not be an issue.
- As for communication purposes, you will be required to have a Microphone or a Headset.
- Finally, you need a decent internet connection.
- That’s that.]
Now, once all the requirements are met with, simply head over to the Bluestacks website and download the emulator. Once downloaded, simply head on to the download file and install it on your PC. Remember, it might not safe, so if you are sure you want to proceed with it, simply follow up. When the installation is finished, you will dispatch it and there right off the bat you should sign in your Google account details. Now all you need to do is simply download the FaceTime by clicking here.
Once done, simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the file location and right-click on it.
- Select “open with” and choose Bluestacks as the app to open the file.
- The installation will begin automatically.
Therefore, that’s that for the download, all users are needed to do is open the application using Bluestacks and they will be able to use it.
Note: Again reminding that Application is created by 3rd party companies and might not be reliable, so it suggested not to opt the above-explained method since it may act as a gateway for the threats and malware to attack your PC.
Facetime Alternatives for PC
As for the PC, FaceTime might be the application you won’t be able to use securely, although there are alternatives available for PC, which you can download for free and gives you the assurance of security as well as similar features to that of FaceTime.
Therefore, these applications are as follow:
1. Skype: Skype is one of the most renowned video communication application created by Microsoft. Is also was one of the first video call apps to become mainstream and from that time is only tends to become better and better. As of today, millions of users are using Skype daily. Apart from that, Skype became a formal social platform used by many mainstream companies to held interviews and formal meetings between far away distances. As for platform availability, Skype is available for Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, and Android.
2. Hangouts: Google Hangouts gives you a chance to make video calls, however, you can likewise have an all-out video meeting with numerous individuals. There are devoted Hangout applications for iOS and Android, and it’s accessible to all work area clients through their internet browser.
3. Facebook Messenger: The another name in the field is of Facebook Messenger. Although did you realize that you can make video calls utilizing Facebook Messenger? You can, and you can utilize the component on essentially any working framework. There are devoted Messenger applications for iOS and Android, yet you can likewise utilize Messenger directly in your work area internet browser to make video calls from Windows, macOS, or Linux.
4. Viber: Viber is an element rich application that you can use for video calls and an assortment of different purposes. It has a great many clients worldwide and is accessible for an assortment of stages like iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and Linux.
and many more. These applications not only offer video calling but packs a lot in them. And if we take about their availability. they are available on most of the famous platform, on top of that, these are completely free. Therefore, eliminating the need for using a FaceTime application, until and unless you are an Apple user.
Therefore, the article explains how you can use FaceTime using Bluestacks on your Windows PC and a 3rd party FaceTime Android application. Although the method seems easy to understand and is easy to utilize, there is one thing to keep in consideration that, doing such thing might take a toll on your PC and hence make it vulnerable to hackers, malware and attackers.
Therefore, some alternatives are also introduced in the above context which tends to perform the same functionality as that of FaceTime and hence with the assurance of security. Therefore, both the options are there with u so simply opt for the one which you think will suit you the best.