I think it’s safe to say that most of use emojis nowadays. It helps you express your emotions well in text messages, tweets, and posts. They have become so popular that Hollywood even made a movie about it. Adding emojis to a text is easy on a phone or tablet since a virtual keyboard lets you select them with two clicks, but it’s harder to do it on a Mac. You have to open the Mac emoji keyboard first and then add it. If you are wondering how you can use Mac emojis faster, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, I’m going to give you a couple of methods that you can use to quickly insert emojis into your conversations on the Mac. Ready? Let’s get started.
How to Open Emoji Keyboard on Mac?
Usually, users have to click Edit> Emoji & Symbols to insert an emoji, but this can be a bit time-consuming. There are several methods to do this faster.
1. Using the Emoji Keyboard Shortcut on Macbook
macOS has a ton of customizable shortcuts baked in. One of these shortcuts lets you open an emoji picker.
- Click on a text field.
- Press Control+Command+Spacebar to open up the emoji picker.
- The emojis are organized into a lot of different categories like “Smileys & People”, “Food & Drink” and “Animals & Nature”. You can scroll down to find the right emoji or you can find it using the search bar. You can also click and hold on some emojis to select the skin tone.
- Double click on the emoji of your choice.
- This will insert the emoji to your cursor’s position.
- You can add multiple emojis at the same time by expanding the emoji viewer. To do this, simply click on the expand option at the top right corner of the emoji viewer.
2. Open Emoji Keyboard on Mac From the Menu Bar
You can add the Mac emoji keyboard to the Menu bar. This way, you can access it whenever you want with a single click. To add it to the menu bar, simply follow these steps.
- Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Open Keyboard preferences.
- Under the Keyboard tab, enable Show keyboard and emoji viewer in Menu Bar.
- Close System Preferences. You will now be able to access the keyboard from the Menu bar whenever you like.
Bonus: Emoji Touchbar (Only for MacBook Pro)
The touch bar on the MacBook Pro has its fair share of problems, but it can be used to get immediate access to your most commonly used emojis. You can tap on the emoji icon and then tap on the emoji that you want to use.
If you wanted to know how to get faster access to the emoji keyboard on the Mac, then this is all you need. I hope that you found this article helpful. If you have any doubts about the methods or any other suggestions, please let me know in the comments section down below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.