Activation Lock was introduced by Apple to make sure that no one else would have access to your device or its data if it was ever stolen or misplaced. Even if someone completely resets your device, there is no way to access it without bypassing the iCloud activation lock. Unfortunately, this has lead to a lot of second-hand iPhone users getting locked out of their phones. This is because sometimes, the iOS device is still linked to the previous owner’s AppleID. A lot of websites cite Doulci activator as the solution to this issue and I plan on verifying it.
In this article, we are going to take a close look at the Doulci activator. Does it work? Are there alternatives? Read along to bypass the activation lock.
What Is Doulci Activator?
Doulci activator was a popular app that was used to deactivate the iCloud lock a long time ago. However, it stopped working after iOS 7 and I don’t think there are a lot of iOS devices that still run that version of the software. We recommend that you stay away from the websites that claim that they have this software because it’s probably going to be a virus or adware.
In the next section, I’m going to cover other methods that can bypass the iCloud activation lock.
Doulci Activator Alternatives
There are 3 methods in 2020 that you can use to unlock your iOS device. These methods are free and very simple too.
Disclaimer: Please use these methods only if you’ve obtained the iOS device legally. We do not condone the use of these methods on stolen devices.
1. Go To The Seller
If you can contact your seller, please do so and ask them to remove their iCloud account from the device. There are two ways to do this.
If you can meet the previous owner in person
- Go to Settings and tap on your name. In older iOS versions(10.2 or older), tap iCloud.
- Scroll down and tap on Sign Out. Enter the password to confirm.
- Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
If you can’t meet the previous owner
- Call or message the previous owner and ask them to visit icloud.com/find.
- Sign in with their AppleID and remove the connected device.
Restart your device and you won’t have to face the Activation lock screen.
Apple recommends that you always check the activation lock before buying a second-hand device from a non-authorized seller. This way, you can avoid the frustration this issue can cause.
2. Using ActivationRepair
ActivationRepair is a service that lets you unlock one iOS device for free. It’s extremely easy to do this and you can do it on any smartphone or computer. It generates a one-time passcode for a locked device and you can only use this on a single iPhone or iPad.
- Visit the ActivationRepair website.
- Sign up using an email ID.
- Check your email for the access code after signing up.
- Then, click Request an Access Code.
- Enter your access number and verify captcha.
- Then click Access Unlocking Tools.
- Select your device (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch or Mac).
- Enter the IMEI or the serial number. Click Unlock Device.
- You will get a one-time passcode.
- On your iOS device, in the Activation Lock screen, tap Unlock with Passcode.
- Then tap Use Device Passcode.
- Enter the one-time passcode.
- You will reach the setup screen.
3. Using 3Unlocker
3Unlocker installs iOS on your device that is not connected to another AppleID. Simply follow these steps to deactivate the iCloud Activation lock. However, unlike the previous method, you will need a Mac or a PC for this one.
- Disable ad-blockers and VPNs.
- Download 3Unlocker from the official website and install it on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone via lightning cable. Make sure that the device is properly connected to the computer and you cannot remove it during this entire setup.
- Open the app and click Erase iCloud Lock.
- Select your device from the drop-down menu and click Continue.
- Make sure that you have the right device and click Upload.
- Your iPhone will now install 3Unlocker.
- On your iPhone, tap Begin setup.
- Then tap Delete iCloud data and wipe.
- After 10 minutes or so, you can see “A Stock Image Has Been restored” message. If you don’t see it, wait for more time but DO NOT remove the iPhone’s connection.
- Tap Go to Homescreen.
- Open up Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Setup your iPhone after a restart.
That’s all there is to know about the Doulci activator and its alternatives. Remember that the Dolci activator does not work anymore and it’s only used to scam people now. I hope that this article helped you get around the iCloud activation lock and you can use your iOS device now.
If you have any suggestions or doubts, please let me know in the comments section down below.