The smartphone is one of the best inventions of this century, but smartphones wouldn’t be “smart” without its apps. Platforms like iOS and Android have large app ecosystems and that’s one of the main reasons for their success. However, we are going to take a look at an iOS issue that stops its users from purchasing apps. There have been a lot of reports of iPhone and iPad users getting the message “Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed. For assistance, contact iTunes Support at www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/” while trying to purchase an app or while trying to make an in-app purchase.
Fortunately, there are several methods you can try to fix this issue. In this article, we are going to discuss the solutions and the reasons for this error message. Let’s get started.
Reasons Behind “Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed” Error
This error pops up while trying to purchase something from the App Store or while trying to purchase something from an app. It’s a common error, but there can be multiple different reasons for this issue.
The most common reason is an issue with your bank or card. If you have entered the wrong details, or if your card is blocked, then you won’t be able to purchase anything on the App Store. Bugs in the app can also cause this issue from time to time. A setting on your iPhone or iPad can also interfere with your purchase. Whatever the reasons may be, we are going to address all of them in the next section.
How to Solve “Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed” Error?
Since there are multiple reasons, there are also multiple solutions. We recommend that you follow the order of this list since it would help you pinpoint the reason.
1. Restart Your Device
Sometimes, the simplest solutions are the best ones. In some cases, software bugs can cause this issue and a restart should help you out. Simply restart your iPhone and try purchasing the app again to see if your problem went away or not. If not, move on to the next method.
2. Check the Payment Information
If you are seeing the “Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed” error after making a purchase for the first time, then there’s a good chance that you have entered the wrong payment information. To check this, simply follow these instructions:
- Open App Store.
- Tap your picture at the top right corner.
- On the Account page, tap on your picture again.
- Enter your AppleID password or authenticate with your fingerprint.
- Tap Manage Payments.
- Check for any mistakes in your card number, expiry date, and security code.
- Too many credit cards in your account can also cause this issue. Simply tap Edit and remove the cards that you don’t use.
- Try to make a purchase and see if that works.
If your card doesn’t work anywhere else, then please call your bank to get things sorted out and try using a different payment method. To do so, simply follow the steps 1-6 and tap Add Payment Method.
3. Check Screen Time Restrictions
A lot of parents have a problem with kids making accidental unauthorized purchases. Apple introduced restrictions for the same reason. You can see the “Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed” error if the restriction is enabled. To disable this setting, follow these instructions:
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Screen Time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Allow Installing Apps and In-app Purchases.
- Check if you can still see an error.
4. Check AppleID
Logging out and then re-logging in with your AppleID can help in some cases.
- Open up Settings.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your AppleID and then sign out.
- Sign back in and check if the error still persists.
5. Contact Support
If none of the above methods worked out for you, then it’s time to throw in the towel and call in the Apple Support.
- Visit the Apple Support page.
- Click Billing and Subscriptions.
- Select Subscriptions and Purchases and then choose Unable to Purchase.
- You can choose a method to contact them and they will help you with your issue.
That is all there is to the “Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed” error. I hope that this article helped you solve this issue and you can properly make purchases now. I also hope that everyone’s safe and indoors right now. If you have any doubts or suggestions, as always, please let me know them in the comments section down below and I will get back to them as soon as possible.