The iPad is the most popular tablet today and it’s used by millions of people around the world. There are a lot of apps available for the iPad on the App Store. However, there are a few mobile apps that are supported by iPhones but not by iPads. If you are reading this article, then you probably know that WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world and it’s not available on the iPad. But don’t worry, as this article will tell you all about getting WhatsApp for iPad.
We will take a look at the methods to get WhatsApp for iPad and we will also list out some alternatives. We will also take a look at what this app has to offer in case you are unfamiliar with this app.
Official WhatsApp for iPad Download?
As of now you cant download WhatsApp on iPad directly. We recommend you keep checking the App store as WhatsApp will be made available for iPad very soon. Here is the link to download WhatsApp for iPad.
WhatsApp for iPad – The Other Way to Use it?
First things first, let’s take a look at how you can use WhatsApp on an iPad. We are going to take advantage of a WhatsApp feature called the WhatsApp Web. If you’ve used WhatsApp on your computer, then you’re probably familiar with this feature. Unfortunately, you cannot use WhatsApp on iPad (using this method) without a phone. If that’s not an issue for you, then just follow these instructions:
- Launch Safari on your iPad.
- Go to the link web.whatsapp.com. This should take you to the WhatsApp Web page (pictured below). If it takes you to WhatsApp’s official website, then just tap on the option “WhatsApp Web”.
- Open up WhatsApp on your phone (iPhone or Android) and go to Settings. If you don’t have WhatsApp, then you can download it by clicking on this link. Go to the end of this article if you want installation steps.
- Tap on WhatsApp Web/Desktop and then tap on Scan QR Code. This will open up the camera with a QR code scanner.
- Scan the QR code on your iPad. This will make the chats from your phone appear on your iPad.
- Just in case if Safari browser redirects web.whatsapp.com to WhatsApp.com you can simply click (2) “Request Desktop Website” Option by clicking the settings options (1) before URL. You can check the screenshot below..
How to Logout of WhatsApp on iPad
If you are done using WhatsApp on your iPad or if someone else wants to use your iPad, you can log out of it easily.
- Tap on the verticle dotted line above the chat list.
- From the drop-down menu, tap Log Out.
Things to Remember
- This is not an app and Safari won’t send you WhatsApp notifications. This means that you have to keep checking your WhatsApp from time to time.
- You cannot make calls like you can on WhatsApp for iPhone or Android.
- You cannot use this without your phone. If your phone has no internet, you won’t get any new messages on your iPad.
WhatsApp Alternatives for iPad
If you are not comfortable using Web version of WhatsApp on iPad, then you can try using other messaging apps. There are many WhatsApp alternatives that can be used on the iPad directly after installing it from the app store.
Here are some of the best alternative apps that you can use on your iPad.
Telegram is one of the best alternatives for WhatsApp out there. It works just like WhatsApp and you can log in with just your phone number. It also boasts a lot of features that are absent from WhatsApp and it’s also available on the iPad App Store. However, WhatsApp is much more popular and that’s the main reason for its convenience. But if you still want to know how to install Telegram, then just follow these steps.
- Download and install Telegram from the App Store.
- Open the app and enter your number.
- Telegram will send you a message with an OTP number for confirmation.
- After that, you can send videos, pictures, and messages with the app.
Telegram is a universal app. It can run independently on phones or iPads. This means that you don’t need Telegram installed on your phone if you want to use it on the iPad. You can simply download it from the App Store by clicking on this link.
Signal is a messaging app that’s all about privacy. It works just like Telegram and WhatsApp, but it also puts a lot more emphasis on encryption. Signal is used to send messages and multimedia contents from one part of the world to another. Unlike Whatsapp, you can install a standalone app from the App Store by clicking on this link.
WhatsApp is an extremely popular app that is used for messaging and making calls. You can simply download and install WhatsApp and it’s free to use. This app will allow you to send messages, pictures, videos, and voice notes to any other WhatsApp user, provided that you have their phone number. The messages are end-to-end encrypted. WhatsApp will also allow you to make local and international voice/video calls free of cost. If you are unfamiliar with the app, then let me tell you that it’s a really nice app and if your friends have it, then you should have it too.
To install WhatsApp on your phone, all you have to do is:
- Open the App Store and search for WhatsApp. You can also click on this link.
- Open the app and enter your number. Tap next.
- You will be sent a confirmation message, so make sure you use an active number.
- Type in the OTP and you are set to go.
That’s all you need to know about WhatsApp for iPad. I hope that this article helped you out. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please let me know in the comments section down below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.