Disabled iPhone, a text no one simply wants to be displayed on their iPhone. Well, what does it mean, it means that due to too many incorrect passwords attempt the iPhone is disabled. What actually you can do to fix it? There are a couple of ways of fixing it, but the most famous and common way used to fix it is using iTunes to restore the device to its factory settings. But what if you don’t have access to your iTunes? in that case, you might want to know about the other methods to do so.
In this article, we will explain the all possible methods to fix the “iPhone is disabled” without using iTunes to fix it. Just follow up the article and methods explained in this article to tackle the problem with ease. Just in case if you want to use iTunes on Windows you can download from here.
So, let’s get started.
- 1 iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes – Why this Happens?
- 2 Unlock a Disabled iPhone without iTunes
iPhone is Disabled Connect to iTunes – Why this Happens?
There is only one reason for iPhone being disabled. If you tend to walk out of a place and left your iPhone behind and you simply come back to get it to find yourself greeted with the message of “iPhone is disabled” well someone tried to unlock the device and it got disabled due to way too many incorrect password attempts. Although if you were the one to disable the iPhone well in that case scenario, you already know the reason behind it getting disabled.
Therefore, listed below are the different stages of iPhone getting disabled, give a look at it once:
- 1 -5 attempts of entring passcode, the iPhone is safe and not at all get disabled.
- Although, the 6th attempt is responsible for it to get disabled for about 1 minute.
- The 7th attempt and your iPhone is disabled for 5 minutes.
- 8th attempt well, iPhone gets disabled for 15 minutes straight.
- 9th attempt and it’s disabled for about 1 hour.
- Well, the 10th attempt and your iPhone will show the message stating “iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes “, meaning that iPhone is disabled permanently.
Well, as for the explanation now you know how the disable iPhone message appears. Although, If you are thinking that how it might if you are not the one to disable it or you don’t think anyone will break in just to check your iPhone, well, in that case, it might be the kids, since they are the ones who just love tapping random buttons or if that’s not the case, maybe your dear friends who just want to read your messages and emails, either way someone surely tried to unlock your iPhone.
Is There Any Way You’ll Be Able To Back Up The iPhone?
Well, if your iPhone is already been disabled then sorry to tell you that you are already out of options to back up your iPhone because if your iPhone is disabled and you’re thinking that wether you can unlock your it or not well there is no way that the disabled iPhone is going to get unlocked. Hence, giving you the answer to the question.
Apart from that, people facing this problem generally think that geeks present there at the Apple store have certain software, which can unlock your disabled iPhone without even erasing any data from it, well keep in mind that geeks at Apple store will also restore your iPhone to its factory settings, meaning that they will also erase the data present on the iPhone, but will surely help you set up the iPad from the beginning.
Meaning that you will be paying for the traveling cost as well as for the process you could have carried out on your own and would have saved some extra bucks. Now for the question “can you backup your disabled iPhone?” again the answer is no you can’t. You simply cannot back up your iPhone at this moment since the iPad won’t allow you to access the iPhone’s feature, so if your iPhone is permanently disabled than probably its too late for you to back it up, and the only way to enter the device is to restore it to its factory settings.
Unlock a Disabled iPhone without iTunes
Listed below are some of the methods to unlock an iphone without using iTunes. You can simply try all of them to see which one will be able to fix the problem.
Method 1: Resetting Your iPhone With The Hard Reset
The first method includes hard resetting your iPhone, therefore, in such conditions apple forums says that one should simply try using it to fix the problem. Meaning you should always do this step first.
Although people on the Apple forum confirms that there is a way to remove the “iPhone is disabled” error simply by the “hard resetting” method and as per the video tutorial, the method seems to work, but the suggested method is to restore your iPhone to its factory settings.
Follow the steps listed below in order to hard reset your iPhone:
If You Have iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, Xr, or Xs and Xs Max
1. First press and quickly release the volume up button.
2. Now again do the same thing but this time press and quickly release the volume down button.
3. And at last press and hold down your iPhone’s power button on the side till an apple logo appear’s on your iPhone’s screen. After the logo appears, you can let go of the power button.
If You Have An iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
1. You have to press both the power button and volume down button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears on your screen. Once, the logo appears you can let go of the buttons.
If You Have An iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, SE or any Other Older Model
1. Press and hold onto the power button and Home button simultaneously and keep on holding it until the Apple logo appears on your screen, once the apple logo appears you can let go of the buttons.
Now, once you’ve done with the hard reset part, well if your problem is solved good for you, but somehow if it doesn’t work, you might want to try the next methods.
Method 2: Restoring Your iPhone Using iCloud Services
There is one more method of restoring your iPhone to its factory settings. Although this, in particular, will require your Apple ID and Password. Simply follow up the steps listed below in order to restore your iPhone using iCloud services. First, you have to visit the iCloud.com then follow up the steps stated below:
- First, simply sign in to the site using Apple ID and passcode.
- Once, logged in, simply click on “Find my iPhone”.
- Now, tap on the all devices button located at the top of the screen.
- After that, choose which of the displayed devices you want to “Erase” using the iCloud account.
- Simply, click on the “Erase iPhone” present in front of the desired iPhone connected to the particular iCloud account.
- And, That’s that you’re done with it, your iPhone will be erased completely.
As of the above step, you can erase your iPhone simply by clicking on the Erase iPhone button, this will keep you from indulging yourself in the hassle of connecting your iPhone to the computer although you should be aware of your Apple ID and its Credentials in order to erase your iPhone using iCloud services.
Method 3: Contact Apple
Well, for some reasons if your iPhone is still stuck on the disabled error screen and is unable to get restored to its factory settings, then you are left with no other option but to spend those saved bucks for you to make a visit to Apple store and get your iPhone checked by the geeks available there, they will fix the device for you but in return might charge a hefty amount (classic Apple).
For the final words, there are these methods to solve the problem of iPhone getting disabled if you simply don’t have the access to your iTunes although, if we give you have an option to either use the iCloud service method or the iTunes one, it always suggested to go for iTunes method since it is a bit more reliable, Although the whole point of this article is to simply reset your iPhone without having an access to the iTunes.
So, simply follow up the article if you ever find yourself having the problem of iPhone being disabled and don’t have access to iTunes.