There are various problems which a basic mobile device users experience on a daily basis, well they can be either a pretty major or it can be as minor as a small dust issue. But as for the issue where nothing seems to work, the only method or option suitable is hard resetting your device, in this example hard reset iPhone 8 And 8 Plus since most of the time it tends to solve the issues related to software.
You’re working on an application and suddenly it crashed, you restart your device, boom! the glitch is fixed. Just like that, some problem may require you to do a soft reset or a reboot as well, apart from that applying some changes to your smartphone also sometimes do requires a soft reset. Although, on the other hand, a hard reset or complete reset is performed when the problem or the issues is much greater and is simply unable to get fixed by other possible methods.
How to To Reset iPhone 8/8 Plus
Well, as for the iPhone 8 and 8 plus case scenario, the process of hard resetting the device is different from all other Apple devices, in this article we will explain in detail about how you can reset your iPhone 8 and 8 plus on your own and that too with ease.
So, Let’s get started.
1. Soft Restart iPhone 8, 8 Plus
A soft reset or reboot is a process of simply switching the devices off and switching it on. This process generally carries out in the latest devices, otherwise, for the old device, the process included the removal of the battery from the device and then again replugging it in. The main reason behind performing this method is to fix any hangs or glitches within the software as it provides the device a fresh start, and as for the plus point, the reboot doesn’t even affect your personal data.
Although, listed below are the steps on how you can carry out the process of soft restart or reboot on your iPhone 8 and 8 plus:
- First, you have to hold down the power button placed on the right side of the device for a couple of seconds until the turn off slider shows up on the screen.
- Simply, slide in order to power off your device.
- After, around 30 seconds, simply hold down the power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Apart, from that in the iOS 11, you can also reboot your device directly from your settings menu. Kindly follow up the steps listed below for you to soft reset or reboot your device directly from settings.
- The first step, simply press on to the settings icon available there on your home screen.
- Once in the settings menu, simply locate and tap the option to Shut down the device.
- And, that’s that again after 30 seconds simply hold up the power button to switch the device back on.
- In short, simply go to Settings > Shutdown.
Therefore the above steps explain to you about how you can simply do a soft reset or a reboot easily in order to for you to fix those small application glitches as well as software issues.
2. Force Restart Your iPhone 8 And 8 Plus
Well, there might be n no. of cases for you to hard reset your iPhone, but as for the most common reasons one hard resets their iPhones is mainly when the screen gets completely frozen or your device is not at all responding to your touches, in that case, you might want to know a way to hard reset the device. Although, as for the iPhone 8 and 8 plus the steps to hard reset the device is no longer a 2 step process rather is now switched to be a 3 step process. Therefore, these steps are as follows:
- The first thing you have to do is press and quickly release the Volume up button.
- Then simultaneously press and quickly release the Volume down button.
- And once done with it simply press and hold the power (available on the right side) button until the Apple logo appears.
And that is it, it should force restart your device. Apart from this if we talk about this method Apple generally changed it to 3 step process on iPhone 8 and 8 plus since performing the old methods or steps of pressing and holding both Power and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds now activates the Emergency OS feature of the iPhone. Whereas the new addition of button on the side to the steps of hard resetting the iPhone 8 and 8 plus is classic old power, sleep as well as wake button present on iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, Xr and Xs.
3. Factory Reset iPhone 8 And 8 Plus
Master reset, a bit more fancy name for Factory reset, the process may require to be executed by you either if a serious problem arises in your device’s software or you are simply planning to exchange the device or can be some another reason. But keep in mind that this particular process sets to restore the device back to its factory settings meaning that it will be set to the state when you first took it out of the box. Apart from the data stored on your device wouldn’t be affected at all. Meaning, that if the data is stored on the SIM card then it won’t get affected at all.
Listed below are the steps on how you can set out the process of Master resetting your iPhone 8 and 8 plus:
- First, simply go to settings through the icon present there on the home screen of your device.
- Once in the settings menu, press onto General option stated there in the menu.
- After that, simply tap on the reset button present on the screen.
- Once done with it, simply select the option to Erase All Content and Settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode in order for you to continue the process.
- Simply tap on to the OK button in order for you to confirm the action.
Now you just simply need to wait till the process of Master reset gets complete after the process iPhone will be rebooted to its factory settings. After that, you just need t0 setup, the device as you did it before when it was first booted up and that’s it your device will be as good as new.
Another thing to keep in mind is that newer models of the iPhones are now incorporated with the anti-theft measures, known as Find My iPhone. Since it might become a reason of issue while you master reset your iPhone, it is highly recommended that you turn it off before attempting the process. Listed below is the process on how you can turn this off.
First, you simply have to navigate to the settings of your iPhone > after that, simply tap on to your Apple ID present at the top of your device’s settings menu > Then simply choose your device from the list present there at the bottom > Once done, now tap on to the Find my iPhone tab. Now for you to turn it off or in simpler words disable it simply tap on to the slider present next to it. the iPhone will ask you to enter the Apple ID password. Enter the password and simply tap on Turn off to confirm the process. That’s it, the Find my iPhone feature is now disabled.
Resetting an iPhone is quite a simple task and as for the plus point anyone can do it, Although you might be familiar with the old method of resetting the iPhone or might have a little knowledge about different types and methods of resetting an iPhone but hey we got you covered.
In the article we have explained different methods on how you can simply reset your iPhone 8 and 8 plus as company tend to change the resetting process for this particular device and to be a little more precise, it actually changed the process of soft reset as well as hard reset of the iPhone, else for the Master reset, everything remains the same.