Hi there, are you a new customer to apple? Well, have you bought a new iPhone or any other Apple device first time in your life? if yes, then you might be wondering what is iCloud activation, but you don’t have to worry about it, every new Apple user seems to get confronted by the one or other feature which has its activation to be done right away.
Although many of the users know about it, one question that always tends to strike in many minds is how to remove the iCloud activation lock. Well, in this article we have explained different methods on how we can bypass iCloud Activation Lock with or without a password from any apple device.
So, let’s get started.
- 1 What is iCloud Activation Lock?
- 2 All Methods To Remove iCloud Activation Lock
- 3 Final Words
What is iCloud Activation Lock?
As of now and then many new iPhone users always tend to wonder what is iCloud Activation Lock? Well, to answer that question, it is a service designed by Apple to safeguard and prevent anyone from using your iPhone in the case scenario it gets lost or stolen. This is a pretty advanced feature and is automatically activated when you first buy and boot up your new device. Owners of the stolen or lost device can simply activate the Find my iPhone feature and can lock their device with the Apple ID and its password, meaning that the device will require the original Apple ID and password whenever someone tries to enter the device.
Although, if you have by mistake bought a second hand or stolen iPhone from eBay or Craiglist and found that it is an iCloud locked device, Well its almost equals to an unusable device, therefore listed below are some methods which you can simply follow and try bypassing it. However, if you find a lost iPhone and want to return it to its owner, you can follow the methods listed below to contact him/her.
All Methods To Remove iCloud Activation Lock
Removing an iCloud activation can some time be a little boring task, although if somehow you have forgotten your password or have purchased an iCloud locked device which almost makes it unusable, well you have no other option to remove it. Therefore, listed below are some methods that you can follow up to remove it from your device.
1. Bypass iCloud Activation Lock On An iPhone Remotely
Purchased a second-hand iPhone and finds out that it is iCloud Locked or you sold your iPhone and forgot to turn off the iCloud activation Lock, well if you are in this state, you might want to contact the previous owner or the person who bought your phone needs to contact you in order to remove the iCloud activation lock.
Simply contact the owner and ask him to follow up on the following steps:
- First, start by simply navigating to iCloud.com
- Now, simply sign in to the site using Apple ID and passcode.
- Once, logged in, simply click on “Find iPhone”.
- Now, tap on the all devices button located at the top of the screen.
- After that, choose which of the displayed devices you want to remove from the iCloud account.
- And even if it’s necessary you can choose the option to “Erase iPhone”.
- After you successfully deleted the device, simply click on the “Remove from account” option.
And that’s that, the following device will be removed from the account, meaning that there will be no more iCloud Activation lock on your iPhone.
2. Remove iCloud Activation Lock without password
You can try this method for a temporary basis, this method will allow you to quickly bypass the iCloud activation lock granting you the freedom to use most of the major functions of the device including settings. To perform this bypass follow the steps listed below:
Note: This is a temporary step that allows you to bypass the iPhone activation lock and lest you use the device.
- First, tap on the home button and then choose the settings option present there on the home screen. Once in the settings menu, choose “Wi-Fi”. Now once in the Wi-Fi network list, press the “i” button is present in front of the network name, choose whichever connection you want to get connected to.
- Once you tap the “i” option, you are navigated to the network settings. Now, simply remove the existing DNS and enter the new DNS from the list below, according to your location.
- For people living in the USA/North America region, the new DNS is: 220.127.116.11
- For people living in the Europe region, the new DNS is: 18.104.22.168
- For people living in the Asia region, the new DNS is: 22.214.171.124
- For people living in other regions, the new DNS is: 126.96.36.199
- Once you have entered the new DNS, simply press the back button and click on the “Activation help” link.
Once you’re, done with everything, you will receive a message stating that “You have successfully connected to my server” meaning that, you have been granted the majority of your device’s functionality including the device’s settings option.
3. Bypassing iCloud Activation lock Permanently
If you found a lost iPhone and plan on returning it to its real owner then you might not want to look at the following process although if some reason you bought a stolen iPhone from eBay or Craiglist, then you can follow up the steps explained below:
Note: Remember this method is not at all recommended although it will help you get inside the phone and let you utilize most of its features Apple strictly restricts and not at all support the permanent bypassing of the device.
- The first thing that you have to do is to navigate to the “Menu”> “Applications”> “Crash”. After that, the device will automatically reboot.
- After the iPhone has successfully restarted, simply choose the “Language and the region” and press the “Home button” and after that on the next screen tap on more Wi-Fi settings.
- Once you’re done with it, once again press the “i” symbol against the Wi-Fi network you want to get connected to. Once pressed the symbol simply scroll down the screen an to “Menu” under the “HTTP Proxy” section.
- After that, make sure that you clear the address bar completely and not forget to tap on the “Globe” icon present there on your device’s keyboard. Now, in the “Port” field visible there on the screen, simply type in around 15-30 random characters and end it by typing “b”. Then click the “Back” option and choose “Next”.
- After all this, simply keep unlocking the phone’s screen and the language option page will appear repeatedly. Keep on unlocking the screen and choose the language options until the home screen of the iPhone appears.
That’s that, you’re done with the process, now you can access most of the device’s function. But keep in mind, when you try to use apps like Newsstand, FaceTime, and Phone, you will have to start the whole process all over again. Therefore, explaining why the method is unfit and not recommended. Even if you have permanently bypassed the iPhone, you just can’t use it as a normal device.
4. Contact Apple To Help You Out In Removing iCloud Activation Lock
This is the foremost thing you would like to try if you have forgotten the password of your Apple ID and are unable to recover it or set the new one. Since Apple will only tend to help you under special circumstances. Therefore, these circumstances are as follows:
- For Apple to unlock the iPhone, they will require you to show proof that you are the owner of the iPhone. You can show them your purchased receipt.
- Also, in the case of buying the second hand iPhone, Apple requires you to show proof that the ownership of the iPhone has been transferred from the previous owner to you.
During this checking process, Apple will also check whether the device has been reported to be stolen or missing. If that will be the case Apple will straight on refuse to deactivate Activation Lock and even refuse to unlock it, until you prove that you are the rightful owner of the device. Therefore, it is recommended that you provide Apple with every proof to prove that you are the owner and have the full right of the iPhone.
Well, as of the article is about to end, the above-stated content explains to you of all the different methods one can perform to remove or bypass the iCloud Lock on an iPhone. Although there might be several reasons for you to do so, keep in mind none of the above-stated methods is capable of bypassing activation Lock completely and lets you use the device normally, since apple strictly restricts that for safety purposes.