Many iOS and macOS users reported that they are getting a “Not Registered With iMessage” error. Whenever they tried to send iMessage. This is really a frustrating error when you really want to send a message using your phone number.
This could happen due to various reasons one of them is, you’re trying to send a message to a person who doesn’t have iPhone. Or maybe he disabled the iMessage. Since apple launches iOS 8.1 and OS x, all the iPads and Mac users can send text messages. This feature is known as “Text Message Forwarding”. You have enabled it, in order to use this feature.
- 1 Methods to Fix Not Registered With iMessage Error
What is iMessage?
iMessage is a free service launched by apple. In order to enable iOS users to send text messages using Wi-Fi or mobile network. iMessage is the best alternatives for SMS and MMS.
Using iMessage users can send text, documents, photos, and videos and many more. Prior to iMessage users need to purchase a text message plan from a network provider to send text messages. iMessage makes our communication with our friends and family much easier.
Methods to Fix Not Registered With iMessage Error
You can resolve iMessage not working error by performing the below-mentioned methods.
1. Set-Up iMessage On Mac:-
When you first time launch the iMessage app, iMessage might ask you to enter your apple id and password. You can use the same id that you have used for iCloud, app store or iTunes store if you don’t want to create a new apple id to use iMessage.If you want to send and receive iMessage by using your phone number then you need to add your phone number to iMessage on Mac. Here is how to do this:-
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Click on Message and make sure that iMessage is on.
- Now you may be prompted to enter your Apple Id.
- Open iMessage on your Mac computer. Go to Messages>preferences.
- Tap on accounts and choose your iMessage accounts.
- Now turn on your phone number.
If you still getting Number is not registered with iMessage then please check below described methods:-
2. Check Your Internet:-
iMessage only works with an active internet connection. If you’re on cellular data then please check your internet is in working state or not. To check this simple do some search in Safari. If your internet connection is not working then turn off and on the airplane so your internet connection can start from the beginning.
2. Reset Your Network Settings:-
If your internet connection is working well but you’re still not able to use iMessage then resetting your network setting can help you to fix your issue. Here is how to do this:-
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down to General and click on Reset.
- Now click on Reset Network Settings.
4. Sign Out And Sign In Again:-
You can also use this method to solve the not registered with iMessage error. To do this head to your settings and click on Messages. Now tap on the Send & Receive button. On the next screen, you will see your apple id. Choose to sign out the option to sign out from iMessage. Sign in back again using your apple id and password. Now you’re all set to use iMessage.
5. Enable Text Message Forwarding:-
Most probably you are getting not registered with iMessage due to disabled text forwarding feature. So simply enable text forwarding feature so you can use iMessage. You can do this by following the below-mentioned steps:-
- Go to your iPhone Setting and click on Messages.
- Choose the Text Message Forwarding option.
- Turn on the device that you want to use for text message forwarding.
- Now your iPhone prompts you to enter the code shown on your mac to allow your mac to send and receive messages. Enter the code and click on allow.
- On your device quit iMessage and restart iMessage.
- Now you’re all done to send and receive text messages even on your iPad or Mac.
6. Check For Software Update:-
Apple always releases software updates in order to solve errors faced by iOS users. If any of the above methods haven’t helped you to solve your then updating your software can help you to get rid of not registered with iMessage.To update your software, go to your Settings and tap on General and then tap on Software Update. And check that there is an iOS update is available for your device or not. If an update is available then you have to install it your device.
7. Change Your DNS Settings:-
Changing your DNS setting is also an effective solution to get rid of messages mac is not registered with iMessage.To change your DNS server follow this instruction on your iOS device.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Wi-Fi.
- Tap on a blue arrow available next to your current Wi-Fi network.
- Choose the DNS field and enter Google’s public DNS 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.
I hope the method mentioned above helped you to resolve your iMessage issue. If still, you are facing issues while using your iMessage app then I would recommend you contact Apple customer support for further help.