If you are having problems with an Apple device that can’t be fixed easily, then taking a trip to the Genius Bar is the best way to get things sorted out. Unfortunately, getting a Genius Bar appointment isn’t the easiest thing to do in the world. But do not worry, since we are here to help you make a Genius Bar appointment.
There are two methods you can use to make a Genius Bar appointment. Apple makes them a little complicated since they want you to solve the problems through their helpline, chat or email. But if it’s a hardware problem, the only option left will be taking the device to the experts.
How to Make a Genius Bar appointment?
You can always take your iPhone, Macbook, iPad, Apple Watch or AirPods to the Apple Store without an appointment and get it looked at. But there is a good chance that you are going to have to wait for a while and that’s why we recommend making a Genius Bar appointment. As we mentioned earlier, there are only two ways to do this. They are:
Method 1: From Apple’s GetSupport Website
This is a hassle-free way to make a Genius Bar appointment. It can be done from any device and all you need is a browser. Just follow these steps and make your Genius Bar appointment now.
- Fire up your browser and visit apple.com/retail/geniusbar/.
- Scroll down and you will find Get Hardware Help button. Click on it. If you feel like your issue is not that severe, then you can always click on the Get Software Help button.
- After a new page opens up, you will have to choose your device.
- Next, select the type of problem that you are facing and then select the specific problem.
- You will be given recommendations on what to do next. Apple cares about your convenience and that’s why they do it. You can consider the other options but for this article, we will be focussing on how to make a Genius Bar appointment only. Select the Bring in For Repair option.
- Enter your Apple ID and then type in your device’s IMEI number or serial number.
- After that, you can select your preferred location and your carrier name.
- You will be given a list of available stores. Click on the store that is closest to you and choose an available appointment.
- This will take you to the confirmation page and that is all you need to do to make a Genius Bar appointment.
Method 2: Using the Apple Support App
This method works only if you have a working iPhone or an iPad. It’s is extremely simple but you do have to go through a lot of hoops.
- Download the Apple Support App from the App Store.
- Launch the app and hit the Get Started button.
- After this, choose the device that you are having an issue with and then specify the issue.
- If the issue isn’t serious, then they will not give you the Genius Bar appointment. But if it is, the option to Bring it in for Repair is going to show up.
- Select Find Locations Now and you will be presented with a list of nearby stores. You can also choose to view the locations on the map.
- Choose the store and then select the date and time that is convenient for you.
- That’s it! you have now made a Genius Bar appointment.
Things to Remember Before Visiting The Genius Bar
You now know how to make a Genius Bar appointment. But before you take your device for repairs, you have to follow a few more instructions.
- Make sure your device is backed up. You can use your iCloud or a computer to back it up.
- Bring some form of ID. It can be any government-issued ID.
- Make sure you remember your Apple ID password since there is a chance of getting your device erased.
- Make sure you have the purchase receipt for the device.
Those are all the important points you have to remember. You can also check it out at Apples’s website.
This is all you need to know to make a Genius Bar appointment. We hope that this article was helpful in getting your device fixed. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please leave it in the comments section down below and we will address them as soon as we can.