One of the most asked questions as of today is Can you be able to use the iMessage on PC? Well, the direct answer to the question from Apple is no you can’t, since no official online version of the iMessage application for PC is hasn’t been released yet. But, can we believe that we really can’t use it. Well, I don’t think so, the geeks and devs outside of the world of Apple do tend to create most 0ut what seems a challenge to them.
Well, that sums up the answer that yes there is one way and a few different methods to carry out the same which you can simply try to perform to use the iMessage on your PC. In this article, we’ll explain to you about them in a detailed way so you can just follow up the steps and access the iMessage on your PC with ease.
Although, keep in mind that using iMessage online with listed below methods will not always be handy or safe for your system, though this happens rarely it’s still not suggested to get completely relied on them and even Apple straight away declares that using iMessage online is not an option at the moment.
So, Let’s get started.
- 1 Can you use iMessage on PC?
- 2 How To Use iMessage on PC using a Mac?
Can you use iMessage on PC?
The question by most of the Mac users who don’t own an iPhone or are not an Apple user is that of whether they can use the iMessages application online on their PC or not? The common problem faced by Windows users that they really can’t experience the iMessage app since Apple restricts that, but again is there a way Apple would have created an iMessage app for PC users?
Well, the straight and short answer for the question is that no, Apple didn’t create any iMessage application for a PC user, since there simply is no online version of iMessage available at the moment, well there might be in future but as of now “nope”.
There are some ways you can carry out the process of using iMessage online but most of them require a Macbook as a remotely accessing device, which is not a suggested method or even ideal method since you simply have to keep your system turned on all the time and even you have to keep it connected to the internet for all day long. Although, there are several risks and cost structures associated with this method it is cheap than buying a new iPhone for the same, as iPhones nowadays are as expensive as a piece of jewelry. As of the other Method, you can simply download and install a Mac OS on your Windows using an Emulator.
How To Use iMessage on PC using a Mac?
We will walk you through some of the ways that you can follow to use iMessage on a PC using a Mac.
1. Creating A Remote Desktop On Mac
When you feel like using iMessage and don’t have an Apple device with you well, in that case, you need to access your Mac remotely, Hence there are a couple of ways to carry out the same. You can either use the easy as well as handy but highly unknown Chrome remote desktop app or you can utilize the screen sharing application developed by Apple. Since both of them are pretty capable and simply seems to work fine. Although you might want to keep in mind that this may be harmful to your device since to perform the same your device must be switched on all the time as well as need to be connected to the Internet all the time, which might affect your system’s hardware as well as software.
The thing to keep in mind that for you to install the application on your system for either of the methods to work, you will require to have the permission of the administrator.
2. Using Chrome Remote Desktop Application
Well if you are a regular Chrome user, in that case, I’ll suggest you go for the Chrome desktop Remote Desktop extension, bu the thing you should keep in mind that, in order for it to work you need to activate the extension on both Windows (The guest Computer) and Mac (The host Computer). Simply set up everything and wait for a few minutes or so, since setting up everything takes a little while since it tends to set up simple ways to share resources among different systems.
Listed below are the steps for you to use iMessage online using Chrome Remote Desktop Application:
- The first step simply includes the downloading of the Chrome Remote Desktop on both the system.
- The next step requires you to sign in to Google via the Chrome browser on both Windows as well as Mac.
- The next thing is, you simply need to grant Permission to chrome for it to access your computer when prompted.
- Now you have to enable the remote access from chrome and need to set the six-digit PIN. Keep in mind, make the PIN as complicated it can be but make sure it won’t be that hard enough for you to understand.
- Now simply check that, the iMessage is running in your Mac.
- Now once everything is set up on the Mac, simply head over to your Windows PC and select the option of “Get Started”, you will be able to see “Mac” as an option in the dialogue box.
- Now all you have to do is select Mac and simply enter the password when prompted.
- All you have to do is just wait now for it to get connect.
Once the Mac gets connected, well you are free to use it with the “Send Keys” and that too without interfering with your local Windows computer. Now, you’ll be able to simply use the iMessage application in the same way you use it on your Mac.
3. Using Mac Screen Sharing
Another method of using iMessage on your Windows PC is to use Mac Screen Sharing. The only way to get this work is that first, you have to set up the screen sharing on your Mac and then install VNC on your Windows PC. Listed below are some steps to guide you how you can set up screen sharing on your Mac as well as carry out the whole process of using iMessage on Windows PC, therefore these are as follows:
Setting up Screen Sharing on your Mac
- First, go to Apple Menu and then navigate to the System Preference.
- Simply find and select the Sharing option and simply check the box next to Screen Sharing.
- After that go to the Computer Settings and set up a strong password which you can easily remember. Now, Uncheck the box stating “Anyone can request permission to control screen” and check the box stating “VNC viewers may control screen with password”.
- Once done with this, simply enter the password in the box and select OK.
Setting Up VNC On Your Windows PC
- The first thing you need to do is download and install the VNC viewer on your Windows computer.
- After that, simply sign in to VNC if prompted.
- Now, when everything is done simply type in the IP address of the Mac into the address bar present at the top of the VNC app.
- The only thing you are left with is to connect to Mac via typing in the password you created and you should get connected.
- Once, done with the connection, you just need to save the Mac into the address book the top of the VNC app.
That should do the trick, meaning if all the steps have been carried out in a correct format well, you should be able to connect to your Mac remotely simply utilizing the method of VNC. Well, keep in mind that the process will be a lot fast and seamless As long as you know the required IP address and get the password correct.
There might be a chance of complications to arise if somehow your Mac is behind a router or in a subnet.
4. Using Mac OS Emulator
On the off chance that you don’t have a Mac, at that point you can decide to install an iOS emulator on the Windows PC. iOS emulators are the third party programs making a virtual iOS ecosystem on Windows or Linux PC for utilizing iOS applications. But keep in mind while utilizing these emulators, Since they may be capable of bringing in some undesirable programs or malware to your PC.
The list below are some of the iOS emulators you can download right now:
After finishing the installation of an emulator, you can simply head to the App Store and download the iMessage Application and start using it.
As for the article’s conclusion, there mark 3 different ways you can use the iMessage application on your Windows without really having a Mac near you or can use the 4th one of installing iOS emulators to PC if you don’t own a Mac.
These might not be the best possible way since it simply requires you to keep your Mac switched on every time and it must be connected to the internet till you want to use it remotely, and that too using such features might not be good for long runtime since it keeps your Mac vulnerable and one can easily use the device or read al the iMessage chats making this method a bit insecure and as for the emulators one, they might bring in some harmful files and malware with them.
Although, as for Apple they might be announcing a new way to use iMessage online, as of now there is simply no possible way for you to use iMessage officially.