With iOS 13, Apple is finally letting you connect a PS4 controller to the iPhone. This is an awesome feature that can let you enjoy your games more. In this article, we are going to go over everything you need to do to connect PS4 controller to iPhone.
We are going to discuss the requirements for this setup and the steps needed to connect a controller to your iPhone. We are also going to talk about the advantages and the limitations of connecting a PS4 Controller to an iPhone. Without any further ado, let’s get started.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to iPhone?
You can easily connect a PS4 controller to an iPhone, but there are a few requirements that you need to take care of.
- Your phone should be running iOS 13 or higher.
- You need a fully charged Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless controller
Thankfully, that’s all you need. You don’t need to download any application to do this. The controller connects to the phone via Bluetooth. Just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Bluetooth. Make sure that the Bluetooth toggle is on.
- Next, press and hold the PlayStation button and the Share button on the controller at the same time. Keep holding it until the light in front of the controller starts flashing. The PS4 controller is in pairing mode now.
- You will be able to see Dualshock 4 Wireless controller under the Other Devices header.
- Simply tap on it.
The controller will be connected now. The light bar on the controller should have a solid light. You can also connect multiple controllers at the same time.
How To Reconnect it to a PS4?
If you want to reconnect your Dualshock 4 controller to your PS4, you will have to disconnect it from your iPhone. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on the controller for 10 seconds. If that does not work open up the Control center on your iPhone and press and hold the Bluetooth button. Then tap Dualshock 4 Wireless controller to disconnect it.
- Connect the controller to the PS4 via the USB cable.
- Press and hold the PS button on the controller.
Advantages of the PS4 Controller
The advantages are pretty obvious. Touch controls are pretty great on phones, but the screen can feel cramped up (especially if you have larger hands). Your fingers can also block the visuals on the screen. A controller would fix all of these problems and give you better controls at the same time. You can use it with any game that supports MFi (Made For iOS). A controller can provide a major advantage to the players in a multiplayer game too. The best games that support the controller are:
- Asphalt 8
- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
- Crazy Taxi City Rush
- Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition
- Space Marshals
- Stardew Valley
- Death Road to Canada
- Race to the Sun
Another major advantage is provided by the PS4 Remote Play app. This app lets you stream and play your PS4 games wherever you want to on your iPhone. Without the controller, you would get large on-screen buttons which can be uncomfortable for a lot of people, especially if you have an iPhone with a smaller screen. If you take a look at the review section of the app, this is an issue faced by the majority of PS4 Remote Play users. However, connecting a PS4 controller Solves all of these issues. You will be able to get better controls and see everything the game has to offer, at the same time. Your iPhone needs iOS 12.1 or higher to install this app. Download the App from the App Store by clicking on this link.
You can also use the controller with the Apple Arcade games. Some of the best Apple Arcade Games are:
- Shinsekai Into Depths
- What The Golf?
Limitations of the PS4 Controller
Since the controller was not made for the iPhone, it has a few shortcomings. Some of the inputs from the controller will not work on the iPhone, since they are not properly mapped. The features that will not work on the iPhone are:
- The PlayStation button.
- The touchpad.
- Haptic feedback (Vibrations)
- Controller headphone jack
- The light bar color cannot be changed.
Also, it will not be supported by all games on the iOS App Store, only the ones that are MFi compatible.
That’s all you need to know to connect PS4 controller to iPhone. We hope that you found this article informative and helpful. Using a controller to play games on a mobile device makes the experience much better. The PS4 Remote Play app is also made better since the touchscreen controls on the app are not that great.
If you have any doubts about the topic or any other suggestions, please let us know in the comments section down below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.