AirDrop is the easiest way to share your photos and videos between various iOS devices. Just select your files choose the nearby targeted device with you want to share your files. Using AirDrop you can easily transfer photos, videos, documents, and many more file types. But what if you have got some problems while using AirDrop? In this article, we’re going to discuss some solutions that can help you to fix your AirDrop not working issue on iPhone or iPad.
Let’s dive into it.
- 1 How Does AirDrop Work?
- 2 How to Fix AirDrop Not Working Bug on iPhone?
- 2.1 1. Check Your Device Is Discoverable or not?
- 2.2 2. Turn Off and On Wi-Fi and Bluetooth:-
- 2.3 3. Configure AirDrop Settings:-
- 2.4 4. Make Sure All Devices Are Within The Range of Wi-Fi And Bluetooth:-
- 2.5 5. Update To Latest version Of the Operating System:-
- 2.6 6. Restart Your Device:-
- 2.7 7. Disable Do Not Disturb On Mac.
- 2.8 8. Reset Network Setting:-
- 3 Conclusion:-
How Does AirDrop Work?
AirDrop only needs Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection to share your file among various iOS devices. AirDrop usages Wi-Fi to transfer the data to other iOS devices. And on the other hand, Bluetooth creates a peer to peer Wi-Fi network between both iOS devices. In simple words, Bluetooth helps to detect devices with whom we can share our data.
Both iOS devices need to be close to each other(less than 30-feet). The best thing about the AirDrop is that it creates a firewall around the connections. So all the transfer data are encrypted and cannot be accessed by any third person.
List Of Devices Compatible With AirDrop:-
Before we start talking about solutions to fix AirDrop not working issue, we need to know about the list of devices compatible with AirDrop.Check the below list to know your device is compatible with AirDrop or not?
- MacBook running on OSX Yosemite or later versions.
- MacBook Pro.
- MacBook Air.
- Mac Mini
- Mac pro.
- iPhone and iPad running on iOS 7 or later versions.
How to Fix AirDrop Not Working Bug on iPhone?
Here are some common steps you can take in order to get rid of AirDrop not working pop-up on iPhone.
1. Check Your Device Is Discoverable or not?
- Open control center. And click on AirDrop.
- Make sure AirDrop is enabled or not.
- Open Finder and click on AirDrop.
- Check Allow me to be visible and set it to Everyone.
2. Turn Off and On Wi-Fi and Bluetooth:-
Sometimes turning off and on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth can help you to fix your AirDrop issue. Here is how you can do this:-
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Wi-Fi and turn it off and on again.
- Now click on Bluetooth and turn it off and on again.
- Go to System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on the network and tap on Wi-Fi turn it off and on again.
- Click on Bluetooth and turn it off and on again.
3. Configure AirDrop Settings:-
You might be not aware of it but AirDrop has three different levels of connection points. And these are Off, contacts and Everyone. So it is essential for you to know that which one is beneficial for you.
- Open Setting and then tap on the General option.
- Locate the AirDrop option.
- Check the option according to your needs.
- Go to Finder on your Mac.
- Tap on AirDrop and choose the appropriate option.
4. Make Sure All Devices Are Within The Range of Wi-Fi And Bluetooth:-
To successfully transfer files between various iOS devices. All the devices need to be within the range of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. AirDrop won’t work if devices aren’t within the range. All devices need to be placed within 20 feet of range to successfully accomplish file transfer.
5. Update To Latest version Of the Operating System:-
Sometimes using the previous version of the operating system can cause a problem in transferring files using AirDrop. So simply need your operating system to the latest one so you can easily transfer files from one iOS device to another iOS device.
Here is how you can update your outdated operating system:-
- Go to Settings and click on the General.
- Tap on Software update.
- Here on this screen, you will get all updates of the latest operating system.
- Open App Store.
- Click on updates available in the top menu.
- On this screen, you will see the Software update option.
- Click on update.
- Wait until your latest operating system not get downloaded and installed.
- Your Mac will restart when it’s done.
- Now you’re on the latest version of the operating system.
6. Restart Your Device:-
This is also a common solution using this you can solve your AirDrop not working issue. Simply restart all the iOS devices with whom you want to share files. You know it very well that how you can restart your devices. I don’t think I need to explain the steps.
7. Disable Do Not Disturb On Mac.
If your device is visible and still you’re not able to find your device then you need to disable Do Not disturb on your mac.
Here are some simple steps you can follow to disable Do Not Disturb on Mac.
- Open the Notification center on your Mac by clicking on the Notification icon.
- Just toggle off the Do Not Disturb button.
8. Reset Network Setting:-
Here is how you can reset your network settings on the iPhone.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on the General option.
- Click on the Reset button.
- Choose Reset Network Setting.
Hopefully, you have found the right answer to solve all your AirDrops problems. But still after following all the mentioned methods still not able to solve your AirDrops problem then I would suggest you contact Apple customer support. And share your problem with them, they will definitely help you in solving your problem. If you have any suggestions then please share with us using our comment section.