Many iPhone users depend upon third-party apps to transfer photos and videos from one iOS device to a different iOS device. If you’re an iOS user then you’ll share your photos and videos using AirDrop. This is often a more convenient and straightforward way. AirDrop offers you features that made it easy for you to share your files from iPhone to Mac or the other way around also. During this guide, we’re gonna discuss the way to transfer files from iPhone to Mac using AirDrop.
- 1 How to AirDrop From iPhone To Mac:-
- 2 How to Fix AirDrop Not Working Issue:-
What is AirDrop?
AirDrop is nothing quite a convenient thanks to transfer files between iOS devices. You’ll share your files from iPhone to Mac using your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection. Meaning you’ll easily transfer your files during a wireless way. Using AirDrop you’ll transfer Photos, videos, PDF or the other file type easily. AirDrop also enables you to send a link of the webpage, location on a map, share a contact, and far more together with your friends and colleagues. Also, if you would like to share iTunes music then you’ll also do that using AirDrop.
How to Check Your Mac Supports For AirDrop or Not?
If you would like that your Mac computer is compatible with AirDrop or not, then you’ll follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open your Mac and click on Menu and choose About This Mac.
- Click on System Report to launch System Information Window.
- Select Wi-Fi available under the network option.
- In the Interface, section search for AirDrop. If the AirDrop entry is written supported then your Mac is compatible with AirDrop.
Through this way, you can check your Mac comfortability with AirDrop.
How to AirDrop From iPhone To Mac:-
here is the way to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac:-
- Select the photos and videos you would like to share, and tap on the Sharing icon.
- Now attend to your Mac and open the finder window and choose AirDrop. And don’t forget to see Allow me to be discovered by option. And choose from Everyone and Contacts only.
- Back on your iPhone and tap on the AirDrop icon available at the sharing screen.
- Wait a while until your MacBook doesn’t appear in your AirDrop list. Once your MacBook appears in your list click on the name thereon.
- The selected files will begin transferring from iPhone to Mac. When transfer got finished your mac will inform by playing notification sound.
You can locate all of your transfer files into the user download folder on your Mac.
How to Fix AirDrop Not Working Issue:-
Here may be a list of some troubleshooting steps you can take to solve your AirDrop problems.
1. Disable And On Wi-Fi And Bluetooth:-
On an iPhone or iPad:-
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Wi-Fi and switch it off and on again.
- Now to attend Bluetooth and turn it off and on again.
You can also turn off and on wi-fi and Bluetooth using the control panel.
- Go to your system preference.
- Click on Network and choose Wi-Fi switch it off and on again.
- Now go to Bluetooth and switch it off and on again.
2. Hard Reboot Your iPhone and Mac:-
On an iPhone and iPad:-
- Click and hold the Power Button until the Apple logo doesn’t appear on your screen.
- Click on the Apple icon.
- Choose Restart.
I hope using the above method you will solve your AirDrop not connecting issue.
That’s all for a way to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac. I hope this text helps you to share your various files from your iPhone to Mac. If you continue to face any kind of problem while transferring files then I might suggest you, contact Apple supports and share your concern with them. In order, they can assist you. And please don’t forget to share your valuable thought with us, using our comment section.